Monday, March 30, 2009

FF1WMC: The Journey begins

As I fire up my Playstation, the old memories start up in my head, Memories of a simpler time. Now hearing that old PS1 go through it's bios sends shivers down my spine every time. I feel my adrenaline pumping as I start up Final Fantasy 1 on the Final Fantasy Origins disk. I name my mages one by one: Yuna, Cara, Wayne, and Angel. I get goosebumps as I walk into Cornelia, the thought running in my mind is that I have finally begun my challenge. I go and work up the money to not only buy the 2 pieces of gear for each of my mages, but the Cure1 spell for them.
I run my way up to the Temple of Chaos, ready to fight Garland, and I find that that was the hardest time that I've ever had with him.
My usual is me killing him without breaking a sweat, but then again, I do have a Warrior, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage usually....

After getting the bridge fixed, I figure I'm ready to head to Matoya's Cavern, but I end up dieing. I head back to the Temple of Chaos to get what I can in free items, finding myself with only 1 mage left when I reach Cornelia, and less than 10 HP left for him. Wayne also had no more magic points, so I just went crazy when I reached the town.
After getting Dia1 for all my mages, I decide to save and head back up to Matoya's Cavern, but as I am about to reach it, I get killed by 2 ogres. It was by then that I decided I had done a decent job for the day.




::NOTE:: I may play this challenge sparatically throughout the week, but I will only be updating the blog every sunday (or monday morning if I can't get to a computer with internet soon enough.) I also have scheduled me playing this for sure every sunday.
For any updates I make throughout the week, check the gaming union forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment