Saturday, July 3, 2010

The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field....

So, I was on Gaming Union forums in the arcade earlier, and I was playing Asteroids.

Ok, so for the record, I love classic games. Of every game I have ever played, classics hold a special place in my heart... And then there's 2 games, Asteroids, and Missile Command....
I can't say that I hate these games, or even dislike them. It's more that they don't like me.
Missile Command, I don't play much because I don't have anywhere I can play it at the moment. I could play it more if my PS2 worked, as it's in Terminator 3 the video game as an unlockable, but it just doesn't seem to play well for me. Now that's not saying much anyway, seeing as I seem to suck at that game anyway.
With Asteroids.... I hate my abilities in Asteroids. For a quick overview. The one I play on GU forums is pretty much basic Asteroids, not regulation (as in close enough to the arcade version), but its standard. You get 3 lives, and gain an extra life for every 10000 points you earn (I'm not sure what the arcade version or the Atari 2600 version does it at, but I know that's not it.)
So I'm playing it tonight, and I'm trying to beat the current high score. Only problem is, my high score goes back to December of 2008, and I've not been able to even get that close since, AND THE HIGH SCORE THERE IS OVER 65000! My high score the time of posting this is 46940, and its third place. I'm lucky if I can scratch 30000
Ok, maybe I'm over thinking this, or I'm not giving myself enough credit, but the broken spacebar, the sore hands, and the huge chunks of hair laying around my chair (ok, maybe none of that is true... but it give you an idea of my frustration!) should merit more than an average of 21000 per freaking game!!!

Sorry this was simply just me ranting. I rather hate losing, and it seems to happen way too easy on that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment